Havdoloh - Kos, Besomim and Aish?

יותר
16 נוב 2008 14:27 #705 מאת SNaumann
Havdoloh - Kos, Besomim and Aish? נוצר על ידי SNaumann
Hello,

I was wondering at which points of Havdoloh are the a) cup b) spices c) havdoloh candle held in which hands according to Minhag Ashkenaz? My father (my grandfather was born in a small town near Wurzburg) does something quite different from what's described in the Mishnah Brurah, and I'm not sure how much he does because that's actually his Minhag, and how much he just doesn't realize what should be done.
What is the Minhag concerning looking at different parts of the hand for Meorei Haeish? Does the person holding the Havdalah candle do this with both hands?

Thank you,

Shalom

Please התחברות to join the conversation.

יותר
21 נוב 2008 04:04 #714 מאת Michael
תגובה מMichael בדיון Havdoloh - Kos, Besomim and Aish?
In Havdoloh there are different variations. Could you please post the minhag of your father? It would be quite interesting to learn about it.

In the old books of minhogim, the wine is spilled as one says Borei Pri Hagofen, then one passes the cup to his left and takes the besomim in his right hand, after that he passes the cup to the right hand and looks at his left hand while saying the brocho (ho'eish), then again passes the cup to the left hand and looks at his right hand, then again passes the cup to the left for the last brocho.

We do it a bit differently in our shul - the wine is spilled before Havdoloh, after Borei Pri Hagofen we pass the cup to the left hand until the last Brocho, we take the Besomim in the right hand and then look at the right hand in me'orei Ho'eish, and then take the cup in the right hand and look at the left, and then we take the candle in the left hand until the end of Havdoloh (and in Hamavdil Bein Kodesh we pick up the right hand with the cup, and in "Lechoul" we pick up the left with the candle).

Michael FRBSH

יותר
16 מאי 2011 01:32 #1973 מאת rallisw
תגובה מrallisw בדיון Havdoloh - Kos, Besomim and Aish?
Which besomim were traditionally used in MA for Havdoloh? (In our family we use cloves and bay leaves) What if one uses a branch of besomim does one make the brocho "Isvay Besomim"?

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!