Maoz Tzur

More
23 Dec 2008 14:21 #794 by Daniel
Maoz Tzur was created by Daniel
Are there different girsa'os for Maoz Tzur? Which one is the proper minhag (in addition to not reciting the stanza at the end starting with Chasof) ?

Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2009 03:19 #799 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Maoz Tzur
Perhaps I should explain further. If one looks in the "Hirsch Siddur" at Maoz Tzur, you will see some minor differences in pronunciation in addition to missing some words. I was wondering if we know what the exact Nusach is and what is the accepted "Yekkish" Nusach.

Daniel

More
06 Jan 2009 03:40 #807 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Maoz Tzur
In the Rodelheim Siddur we also find different Nuscho'os - for example Uveyodo Hageduloh instead of Hegedouloh, Beyogoun Couchi Koloh instead of Kiloh.
In KAYJ we sing by default the nusach in the Rodelheim, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the correct nusach. (The nusach Uveyodo Hegeduloh doesn't make as much sense as Uveyodo Hegedouloh).

Rav Hamburger told me that there are some question marks regarding this piyyut - first of all it is not known who wrote it. Secondly we don't know the exact nusach of this piyyut. It was first printed in Prag (רע"ה) and then in Machzor Ma'aglei Tzedek (סאלוניקי ש"י).

Michael