Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv

More
02 Jul 2010 01:40 #1788 by GBaum
Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv was created by GBaum
If I pray privately and I say Mincha and Ma'ariv be'zmanu do I say Aleinu, when I finish Mincha or just after Ma'ariv like in Synagogue?

GBaum

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2010 16:19 - 30 Oct 2012 14:26 #1789 by BAvis
Replied by BAvis on topic Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv
In שלחן ערוך אורח חיים סימן צ סעיף ט the Rema comments that even those people living in areas that don't have a minyan should nevertheless daven Shacharis and Arvis at the time that the tzibbur davens. The Magen Avraham comments (and is quoted by the Mishna B'rura and the Mekor Chaim probably others too) in the name of the Shelah, that "in Ashkenaz where they are accustomed to to push forward Arvis (i.e. daven back-to-back), an individual dwelling in a town or a traveler (i.e. both with no minyan) needs to wait for Tzais HaKochavim (to daven)," If so then if you daven y'chidus you will be davening mincha and ma'ariv seperately, and as such would say Aleinu after mincha, and after ma'ariv. Similar to one who davened in a shul that separates mincha and ma'ariv and does not daven them back to back. Maybe this answers the query?

BAvis

More
09 Jul 2010 00:15 - 30 Oct 2012 14:40 #1795 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv
Oleinu was said in the early times (until the Geonim) only in Shmone Esre of Musaf Yomim Noroim. At the time of the Rishonim, Oleinu was said after Shacharis and Arvis of every day, but not after Mincho, and the reason given was that only after a Tefillo with Kabolas Ol Malchus Shomayim, therefore it was said only after Shacharis and Arvis which have in the Krias Shma.
Later the Minhag became to say Oleinu every time one leaves shul, therefore if one leaves shul between Mincho and Maariv - he says Oleinu, so when Maariv is done Bizmano, and no shiur is done between them (therefore generally people leave shul), Oleinu is said.

To your question - as BAvis mentioned - when davening at home Mincho and later Maariv Bizmano, the Minhag is to say Oleinu.

Michael FRBSH

More
26 Jun 2013 18:00 #2249 by Seligmann
Replied by Seligmann on topic Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv
If I were to stay in Shul for the break between Mincho and Arvis (i.e. Shabbos when people eat Seudo Shlishis) would I still say Oleinu after Mincho or only when I leave Shul?

More
28 Jun 2013 22:46 #2250 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv
If the Tzibbur says Oleinu one should not be Poresh Min Hatzibbur, and should say Oleinu with the Tzibbur, especially in this case in which the Tzibbur is saying Oleinu Kadin, since they are leaving the shul.

Michael FRBSH

More
30 Jun 2013 18:02 #2252 by Seligmann
Replied by Seligmann on topic Aleinu between Mincha and Ma'ariv
Technically though I would not have to say it, and I can rely on the Oruch Hashulchon.