Shir Shel Yom Revi-i

More
13 Mar 2008 04:34 #150 by rallisw
Shir Shel Yom Revi-i was created by rallisw
On Wednesdays, are the first three pesukim of L'Chu N'raneno added at the end of the Shir Shel Yom?

Shalom,

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2008 19:42 #160 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Shir Shel Yom Revi-i
The saying of "Shir Shel Yom" in general is something not very old, only about 400 years. and there are many different ways it was said, for example the beginning היום יום etc. started later and has many different variations. The addition of the three Psukim is something quite late, and in Divrei Kehillos he talks a lot about it (page 54 Se'if Koton א), and claims that only the one Posuk should be said (Lechoo neranenoh) as far as I know in KAJ (Washington Heights) they do not say the Psukim at all, and in KAYJ the minhag is not to add the Psukim.
In addition, since we continue with Shir mizmor Le'osof it really isn't so important to add the Psukim at all.

Michael

More
17 Mar 2008 14:26 #165 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Shir Shel Yom Revi-i
Rav Breuer writes in Minhogei Yeshurun, page 3 number 22, "On Wednesdays, the first three Psukim of Lechu Neranina are added at the end of the shir shel yom."

Daniel

More
17 Mar 2008 14:47 #171 by Michael
As written, all of these additions are very late, and it seems that there was not to much Hakpodoh on them. A friend of mine from KAJ WH claimed it's not said, and I hope to hear from someone local what they do lema'aseh.

Michael

More
31 Mar 2008 13:35 #217 by Michael
I just was told by R' Yisroel Strauss of Washington Heights that the three Psukim are definitely said in "Breuer's". But in "Sha'arei Tikvah" (another shul in WH that followed different German minhogim) only the first posuk was said.

Michael