Av Harachamim on Tisha B'Av

More
17 Jul 2012 03:17 - 10 Aug 2012 13:00 #2152 by DDelaney
Av Harachamim on Tisha B'Av was created by DDelaney
When Tisha B'Av falls on Shabbos like it does this year, according to Minhag Ashkenaz, does one say Av Harachamim, or is it said on the Shabbos which falls on 2 Av, or is it said on both? I know in Poland and Lithuania they do not say Av Harachamin when Shabbos is on the 9th of Av since it is a day that tachanun would not be said if it were a weekday; does this not apply in MA?

Also, in Minhag Ostreich they say Av Harachamim during the three weeks. According to this minhag, is also said on the Shabbos that falls on Tisha B'Av?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2012 21:33 - 10 Aug 2012 13:02 #2157 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Av Harachamim on Tisha B'Av
We say Av Horachamim on Shabbos Chazon, no matter if it falls on a day of Tachanun or not. The same applies to the Shabbos before Shavuos.
Regarding Minhag Polin and Lithuania - as far as I know they also say Av Horachamim on Shabbos Chazon even if it falls on Tisha B'av, but this could be something that there are different minhogim about.

Michael

More
27 Jul 2012 19:59 - 27 Jul 2012 20:07 #2167 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Av Harachamim on Tisha B'Av
I just saw in Luach Eretz Yisroel, that he brings from the Pri Megodim one says Av Horachamim (according to Minhag Poland and Lithuania) at this Shabbos too. The source is the Pri Megodim או"ח משבצות זהב סימן תקנד ס"ק ט. The Pri Megodim brings this Halocho from the Elioh Rabbo (אות י"ח), and the reasoning given there, is that although no Tachanun is said on Tisho B'av, Kinos, Hazkoras Neshomos of the Tzadikim and Hespeidim on Talmidei Chachomim are done on Tisho B'av, and that is what Av Horachamim is, therefore Av Horachamim is said on Shabbos Tisho B'av.

Michael