Reciting Selichos During Chazoras HaShatz

More
16 May 2011 01:37 #1975 by rallisw
Why according to MA are Selichous inserted in the middle of the brocho of S'lach Lonu? (I understand that this is done except on Taaniyos Behab and the Seder Selichous from before Roush HaShonoh until Youm Kippur.)

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2011 01:58 #1978 by ynathan
Replied by ynathan on topic Reciting Selichos During Chazoras HaShatz
According to the Ber Siddur, Bahab Selichous are also said during Chazoras Hashatz. I remember saying the Shovovim Selichos during Chazoras Hashatz as well, this was done in Khal Yesode Hatorah in Boro Park (the Baer Moshe zt"l, AKA the Debreciner Rov, was the Moro Dasro).

Yehuda Nathan

More
17 Jun 2011 14:06 #1995 by rallisw
Replied by rallisw on topic Reciting Selichos During Chazoras HaShatz
Why does Nusach Ashkenaz recite Selichous during S'lach Lonu? I understand that this minhog dates back to Rav Amram Gaon?

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

More
17 Jun 2011 14:55 #1998 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Reciting Selichos During Chazoras HaShatz
This dates back to the very beginning of the saying of Selichos. Like the Piyyutim of Shabbossos and Yomi Tovim etc. are said in Shmone Esre, so are the Selichos said in Shmone Esre.
The Chassidim and Lithuanians also say Selichos in Shmone Esre, on the most important Tefillo of the year - Neiloh.
The one exception to this (in MA) is Elul and Aseres Yemei Teshuvoh, in which the Selichos were said in the 3rd Ashmores (before the morning), and this was before Zman Tefillo, therefore the Selichos couldn't be said in Shmone Esre.

Michael FRBSH