Bracha on Dessert

יותר
14 מרס 2015 02:58 - 15 מרס 2015 14:53 #2535 מאת Daniel
Bracha on Dessert נוצר על ידי Daniel
Do we have a minhag regarding making a bracha on pas haba b'kisnin at the end off a bread meal? According to MB, one should only if it meets all of the requirements of pas haba b'kisnin. According to others, one should always make a mezonos on dessert.

Please התחברות to join the conversation.

יותר
30 מרס 2015 17:34 #2548 מאת Michael
תגובה מMichael בדיון Bracha on Dessert
We do not say a Brocho on cakes after a meal with bread. (Generally there is a place to be Meilkel not to say a Brocho on dessert at all since it is nowadays considered part of the meal).

Michael FRSBH

יותר
16 אפר 2015 19:43 #2566 מאת jacob
תגובה מjacob בדיון Bracha on Dessert
"We do not say a Brocho on cakes after a meal with bread. (Generally there is a place to be Meilkel not to say a Brocho on dessert at all since it is NOWADAYS considered part of the meal)."

I would be interested what "nowadays" is meaning? Since when is it the minhog and are there sources?
Thanks a lot!
Jacob

יותר
08 יול 2015 15:03 #2588 מאת Israel
תגובה מIsrael בדיון Bracha on Dessert
What about fruit?

יותר
07 אוג 2015 19:11 #2627 מאת Michael

jacob wrote: "We do not say a Brocho on cakes after a meal with bread. (Generally there is a place to be Meilkel not to say a Brocho on dessert at all since it is NOWADAYS considered part of the meal)."

I would be interested what "nowadays" is meaning? Since when is it the minhog and are there sources?
Thanks a lot!
Jacob

This is based on R' Issar Zalman Meltzer Zt'l, who said that at the Shabbos meal everything, including dessert, is part of the Se'udoh.

יותר
07 אוג 2015 19:17 - 07 אוג 2015 19:19 #2629 מאת Michael
Rav Hamburger told me he doesn't have sources for this. His personal Minhag is to say a Brocho on the fruit. he told me that Rov Wosner Zt'l said one should say a brocho on fruit, but not on ice cream. (But according to R' Issar Zalman mentioned above, one would not say a Brocho on Shabbos).