Nussach Ha Neiros Halalu - Chanuka

More
26 Nov 2013 07:47 - 02 Dec 2013 15:32 #2321 by Glewin
Nussach Ha Neiros Halalu - Chanuka was created by Glewin
Hello,

My father learned this nussach for Ha Neiros Halalu for Chanuka from his Rabbi groing up, Rabbi Julius Schuback of East Chicago, Indiana. He, the rabbi, was from Frankfort and learned in the yeshiva of Frankfort before World War II. I now sing this version, but no one I know has ever heard it before. Perhaps it's being sung somewhat incorrectly, but this is how I grew up singing it. If anyone knows it or knows about it, please respond.

Thanks,

Gabe Lewin
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2013 07:20 #2322 by MPlaut
Replied by MPlaut on topic Nussach Ha Neiros Halalu - Chanuka
Thank you for sending me the recording. I have never heard the melody before, but I am no expert.

I note that the Nusach project does not have a recording of Haneiros Halalalu.

The melody that I heard from my mother (from Berlin) is different from your melody and from any other melody that I have heard.

More
02 Dec 2013 20:03 - 04 Dec 2013 04:23 #2323 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Nussach Ha Neiros Halalu - Chanuka
We sing in our shul this Lewansowski melody (which is sung in the IRG in Zurich, brought to us by R' Michoel Kernberg).
See attached.
Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2013 20:13 #2325 by MPlaut
I was hoping someone better would make a sample of the melody I heard, but no one has so I am sending mine. Maybe Chazan Friedman would be able to do it over.

I wonder if anyone else has heard this melody.

More
04 Dec 2013 00:51 #2326 by MPlaut
This is the melody of Haneros Halolu that I heard from my mother who grew up in Berlin, but not associated with any particular kehilla there. I have not found it elsewhere, and I think a piece is missing. Can anyone help? (It would be better if someone else redid it, like Chazan Friedman.) This is a second try to attach the file.
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2013 04:12 #2328 by SBS
Replied by SBS on topic Nussach Ha Neiros Halalu - Chanuka
Michael,

In Breuer's Neiros Halalu was not said (as I witnessed). Is it only minhag Frankfurt that did not say it? Or was it said only at home and not in shul? I understand that in your shul you do say it. For those that do not say it- what is the reason? Do we know who composed it and when?

Steven