Siddurim according to minhog Ashkenaz hamuvhok

• Topic Author
29 Nov 2009 14:35 #1516 by
Could you recommend any nusach Ashkenaz (muvhak) siddurim (currently in print and generally available)?

Aryeh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2009 14:26 #1546 by Michael
There are a few Siddurim which are closer to Ashkenaz than the standard "Kol Peh" or Artscroll. These are the Roedelheim Siddur, the "Avodas Yisroel" Siddur of Baer, and the newly printed "Ezor Eliyohu" Siddur.

Rav Hamburger (Machon Moreshes Ashkenaz) is working on Nusach Ashkenaz, trying to delete all the censors additions etc., and there have been some private initiatives to use this nusach and make a complete Siddur out of it. Our Rov, Harav Gans Shlita, is also looking through it, and I do hope in the very near future a Siddur will be printed and will be available for purchasing.

Michael

• Topic Author
28 Dec 2009 14:31 #1557 by
Thank you for the response. I have Avodas Yisroel as well as Ezor Eliyohu (though I bought the latter as a "mere" Gro siddur, not necessarily for its Ashkenaz faithfulness).

Does anyone know if/where one can buy Roedelheim siddurim in Jerusalem? Are they still in print? (I wish I had thought of obtaining one from Binyan Tsiyon when it closed down.)

I take it that references I've seen to "Rav Hamburger's Siddur" are to a manuscript / work in progress. I indeed look forward to its publishing and hope you will publicize it here.

Aryeh

More
01 Jan 2010 17:18 #1569 by Michael

Aryeh wrote: Does anyone know if/where one can buy Roedelheim siddurim in Jerusalem? Are they still in print? (I wish I had thought of obtaining one from Binyan Tsiyon when it closed down.)

In Israel they can be purchased from Moshe Arye Goldschmidt, Avnei Nezer 20/1 Modi'in ilit, 71919
Phone number: 08-9740195

Michael

More
05 May 2011 13:35 #1964 by YMFreiburger
Replied by YMFreiburger on topic Siddurim according to minhog Ashkenaz hamuvhok
I wonder if someone here is familiar with the Siddur Schma Kolenu (and the whole range, Machzorim etc) which is published in Switzerland by Morascha.

I have been using it as well, as its structure is "clearer" than Roedelheim (Sfas Emes), but I am not sure it follow Nusach Ashkenaz as close as Roedelheim, I have noticed some differences.

Also another question. When Roedelheim says, "some communities say" this or that, are we to understand that they are referring to Nusach Poiln, etc., and not to the original Ashkenazi one ?

Thanks.

Yosef-Meir

More
06 May 2011 20:49 #1968 by Michael

Yosef-Meir wrote: Also another question. When Roedelheim says, "some communities say" this or that, are we to understand that they are referring to Nusach Poiln, etc., and not to the original Ashkenazi one?

In some places that would actually be referring to Nusach Polin or a nusach which isn't the original Ashkenazi one (for example regarding Shomer Yisroel said only on Ta'anis Tsibur).

Michael