Shabbos before Shavuos (Memorbuch)

More
14 May 2009 13:19 #1017 by Alexander Weil
Shabbos before Shavuos (Memorbuch) was created by Alexander Weil
Could you please explain in practical terms the nusach that is described in Rav Hamburger's luach on the Shabbos before Shavuos from after Yekum Purkan until Mevorchin Hachodesh. How should a young kehilla no members who were niftar be noheig? What are the lists of gedolim it mentions? Gedolim who were from that kehilla, from Ashkenaz or Gedolei Yisrael?

Alexander

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2009 15:11 #1024 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Shabbos before Shavuos (Memorbuch)
In KAYJ we have a Memorbuch which mentions the names of Gedolei Yisro'l from Rabeinu Gershom until the Trumas Hadeshen, and many different Kehillos which were massacred in the time of the crusades and later. This was done by two of our shul members, R' Yosef Prager and R' Mordechai Perlman, who did research through different old Memorbuch Nusacho'us to create it. If I manage to get an e-copy, I'll be happy to post it on the forum.
Unfortunately this year we lost one of our members (Danny Verdoner ZL), and his name is added too to the Memorbuch.

Michael

More
18 May 2009 01:46 - 06 Dec 2016 20:40 #1028 by Michael
Please see attached for the Yizkor we say in KAYJ for Danny Verdoner.

Please click here for the general part of the Memorbuch used in KAYJ (2.5 MB).

Many thanks to R' Mordechai Perlman for sending it.

Michael
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2009 14:28 #1193 by MPerlman
Replied by MPerlman on topic Shabbos before Shavuos (Memorbuch)
I must add that the ultimate goal of the Memorbuch project of Machon Moreshes Ashkenaz is to have a comprehensive Memorbuch that lists all of the Kehillos that were destroyed from the 1st Crusade until the Holocaust, as well as, as complete a list as we can assemble of all the Rabbonim of all the Kehillos of Ashkenaz from the first settlement of Ashkenaz by Rabbeinu Moshe ben Kalonimus of Lucca until our present day. (I would also add that it will include a few famous Rabbanim from other Kehillos that were revered in Ashkenaz, such as the Rambam and the Rif). How this extremely august list will be recited yearly will be decided when it is finished. Perhaps each Kehillah will be given a set of names to recite at each of the three times yearly that this section of the Memorbuch is to be recited (2 Shvartz Shabbosos, Yom Kippur).
Presently, the Memorbuch has been enlarged slightly since Michael put it on the site (some entries were added to and some entries were fully added).
I can say this much, we have added the earliest Rav that will be in the final Memorbuch, namely Rabbeinu Moshe ben Kalonimus of Lucca, who established the Jewish settlement in Ashkenaz. The rest of the list, as I described above, will be told with time.

MPerlman

More
04 Aug 2009 22:50 - 06 Dec 2016 20:42 #1201 by Michael
Please see attached for the recently updated version of the Memorbuch. Many thanks to R' Mordechai Perlman for the contribution.

Michael
Attachments:

More
06 Dec 2016 07:21 #2769 by NMuhlgay
Replied by NMuhlgay on topic Shabbos before Shavuos (Memorbuch)
Should a Memorbuch still be written by hand and illuminated (as was the one in the Frankfurter Kahal), should it be illustrated digitally or should it merely contain the text in the simplest form?