Erev and Moutzoei Youm Kippur Foods

More
17 Sep 2009 13:26 #1407 by rallisw
Erev and Moutzoei Youm Kippur Foods was created by rallisw
Do you know what traditional foods are eaten by BA onErev Youm Kippur and Moutzoei Youm Kippur?

Have you heard of piercing an apple all over with cloves, in order to make a "Bourei minei b'somim" numerous times?

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2009 01:25 #1409 by DDelaney
Replied by DDelaney on topic Erev and Moutzoei Youm Kippur Foods
My grandmother said that her Grandmother used to make and serve kipfel, which are almond rugelach with a butter based dough, to break the fast on motzaei YK.

David

More
18 Sep 2009 15:45 #1411 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Erev and Moutzoei Youm Kippur Foods
After Davening of Yom Kippur everyone blesses each other with Gut Yom Tov. Many then eat Seudas Yom Tov (but maybe not just after they break the fast, but some time later). In Kol Torah, we had a Fleishig meal about 2 hours after Motzoei Yom Kippur.

Rav Hamburger told me that in many Minhogim books you have different foods people ate for Motzoei YK, for example - in Amsterdam some people ate fish patties and drank coffee with cinnamon, in Switzerland many ate herring salad.

Michael

More
24 Dec 2009 00:46 - 06 Nov 2016 01:05 #1547 by RSteinberger
Replied by RSteinberger on topic Erev and Moutzoei Youm Kippur Foods
In my father’s house we had Lokshen Kugel on Erev Yom Kippur just before the fast.

Recently, a friend mentioned that they had a similar tradition and that it may derive from לא קשין that the fast should not be too difficult.

Richard St