Mailing List and Newsletter Archive
Hundreds of people around the world who are interested in their heritage receive our newsletters and updates.
1. Melaveh Malkoh marking 10 years for KAYJ
On מוצאי שבת מקץ, KAYJ held a Melaveh Malkoh marking the 10th anniversary of the establishment of our shul - K'hal Adas Yeshurun in Jerusalem.
The evening was attended by Rabbonim, Kehilloh members and friends of the Kehilloh and was accompanied by the shul's choir (who sang הריעו, מה טובו, טוב להודות and אודך כי עניתני).
Rav Yisroel Gans שליט"א spoke about the importance of our 1000 year old Minhogim, from before the time of the Shulchan Oruch.
Rav Binyomin Rimmer שליט"א spoke about the way our Kehilloh is properly run as directed by the Rav, and the serious way in which the Davening is conducted with traditional tunes and without haste.
Rav Shlomo Neiman שליט"א spoke about the importance of keeping and not changing minhogim, and about the special כבוד there is in the Yekkish shuls.
Our Rov, HaRav Yehudah Gans שליט"א expressed the הכרת הטוב to the Gabboim and various Kehilloh members for all that is done for the shul, and spoke about the importance of בתי כנסיות to Klal Yisroel.
Rav Binyomin Shlomo Hamburger שליט"א spoke about the fact that all the Rabbonim in the past and in the present urged him to continue with Minhogei Ashkenaz and to set up these shuls in Eretz Yisroel
At the end of the evening everyone sung together Shir Hamaalos in the traditional melody.
2. The booklet עלי עשור, printed on the event of 10 years to KAYJ
A special booklet (in Hebrew) was printed for the event, including an article from our Rov about the importance of having a Minhag Ashkenaz shul, an article recording the shul's milestones (from the idea, till the date marking 10 years), a summary of the building process, interviews with different Kehilloh members mentioning the reason they come to our Kehilloh, and an article from the Rov about the number 10 in Judaism.
The booklet was sponsored by Mrs. Annette Kirschner from Washington Heights New York, www.jewishwimpel.com (who specializes in making museum-quality wimpels) and by R' Yitzchok Shechter from Kishrei Kodesh in Bnei Brak (who specializes in STaM and שופרות). Special thanks to Mrs. M. Sternfield for designing the booklet.
1) A delegation from KAYJ visited London last week and was very warmly received by members of the London community and in particular by the Golders Green Beth Hamedrash. There was a true feeling of connection between the big and established Kehilloh in London, and our young growing Kehilloh in Yerusholayim.
Special thanks to Mr. Y Katz who made many efforts to help in so many ways and to Mr. R Schleimer, who has agreed to act as the focal point for any donations, which should be sent to him at 80 Highfield Ave, NW11 9TT.
2) Since Doniel ben Le'oh is in a very critical situation, there will be תפלת רבים by the כותל המערבי tonight at 20:30.
1. KAYJ marks 10 years of תורה and Mesouroh
Boruch Shehecheyonu, v'kiyemonu v'higionu lazman hazaeh. Parashas Vayishlach 5770 marked the tenth anniversary since the establishment of KAYJ in Ramot Yerushalayim, and was celebrated with a festive davening with a packed shul of mispallelim. Our Rov, HaRav Yehuda Gans שליט"א addressed the Tzibbur on the importance of the number "ten" in machshevas Yisrael (Jewish thought), and a Sheves Achim-Oneg was held with the Rov after Seudas Leil Shabbos.
2. A Melave Malkoh is planned on Moutzoei Shabbos Parshas Mikeitz, as a fundraiser for KAYJ's Beis Ashkenaz synagogue building program, which will be a center of practice and preservation of Ashkenazic halachic, historical and musical traditions. More details will be announced soon.
We are going to put out a booklet for the occasion. Sponsorships are welcome!
3. We will be very happy to welcome visitors to Jerusalem on Chanukoh - please join us for Davening: Shacharis is at 7:00 and Ma'ariv (Chanukoh candle lighting) is at 17:45. The location is 73 Nof Ramot (Wallenstein) - please call 052-761-1890 for directions. The shul timetable can be found at www.kayj.net/mm/misc/schedule.pdf.
4. Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Michael Friedman on the birth of their daughter
Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Michoel Boruch Kernberg on the birth of his granddaughter.
Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Yishai Lesser on the birth of their son.
Mazel Tov to R’ and Mrs. Yosef Shlomo Meir, on the birth of their son.
Mazel Tov also to the grandparents, R’ and Mrs. Binyomin Shlomo Hamburger.
Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Yosef Prager on the wedding of their son.
Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Yeshayahu Schneller on the engagement of their daughter.
Mazel Tov to R' and Mrs. Avrohom Hilel Sinison on the birth of his grandson.
Page 9 of 14