'yaamod mi sheyirtzeh' - aliyah of tochecha

More
26 May 2008 13:30 #346 by Litvak
I saw in the מכון מורשת אשכּנז luach that for the aliyah of the tochecha, like we just read in פּרשת בּחוקותי, the oleh is called with the nusach of 'yaamod mi sheyirtzeh'.

I am curious however, de facto (למעשה) , who usually takes/gets that aliyah ? What if more than one person rises to take it ? כּל הקודם זכה ?

Does the בּעל קריאה ever take it ? The מרא דאתרא ? גבּאי ?

Litvak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2008 13:43 #347 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic 'yaamod mi sheyirtzeh' - aliyah of tochecha
Last Shabbos after saying "Ya'amod mi sheyirtzeh" there was a moment that no one got up, and than two people got up together. Between themselves they decided which of them will be the one to be zoche in the Aliyoh, and he got the Aliyoh.
In the past we did have ba'alei kor'im who would take it for themselves too. Once we had a ba'al koreh who doesn't daven with us regularly, that when he heard the hachrozo "Ya'amod mi sheyirtzeh" thought he was the one expected to take the aliyoh (as acccepted in other shuls), and he said "but I don't want - so how come you're saying mi sheyirtze referring to me". A moment later someone else stood next to him and said the Aliyoh, and after the Aliyoh when he got the special mi sheberach that is said for the Oleh of the Tochocho, the Ba'al koreh said - "had I known, I would have also wanted the Aliyoh".

Michael

More
27 May 2008 13:15 #348 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic 'yaamod mi sheyirtzeh' - aliyah of tochecha
What is the text of the Mi Shebeirach and were is it from?

Daniel