Megillah Writing

More
24 Feb 2015 11:13 #2517 by NMuhlgay
Megillah Writing was created by NMuhlgay
I have been thinking over this for some time, so here it is:

I would like to write, b"H a megillah, according to our ancient minhagim. Are there major thing of which I should be aware?

Do we have a particular shitta for the number of lines or the writing of the 10 bnei Haman?
Are we makpid about a particular tikkun soferim?
Do we permit non-lishma klaf/gevil, as per the Rambam?
Do we permit the writing of the nikkudim and te'amim?
The Berachot before and after the lehning?

Also, do we hold like the Keset HaSofer which permits a metal kulmus for kitvei kodesh, or do we require a non-metallic implement, as with the stones of the Beit HaMikdash?

Kol Tuv

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2015 04:32 - 15 May 2015 04:33 #2570 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Megillah Writing
The writing is Ksav Beis Yosef, but the classical Ashkenaz Tsadik is with the Yud backwards.
For many generations the 10 sons of Hommon were done in a separate page with big letters. But there where Poskim of Ashkenaz who were opposed to this, for example the Chassam Sofer (and the Gr'o too) and held that one shouldn't use big letters, and therefore the sons of Hommon are not in a separate page.
Ta'amim and vowels (ניקוד) are not put in the Megilloh.
In Sefer Chasiddim he permits a metal Kulmus, and so does the Yosef Ometz, and the Wurtzburger Rov (in the book Meleches Shomayim), as long as one doesn't engrave on the Klaf. But the Nachlas Shivo says not to write a Get with a metal Kulmus (and it could be that this applies to the Megilloh too).

Michael FRSBH

Please Log in to join the conversation.