Frankfurter Purim

More
07 Mar 2010 01:16 #1655 by Michael
Frankfurter Purim was created by Michael
I'm posting beneath an interesting correspondence about Frankfurter Purim, (Chof Ador), which was this past Shabbos (Parshas Poroh 5770)

Dear Rabbi Strauss

Do you sing the Kaddish for Frankfurter Purim (found in Benno Weis's recordings), or do anything else to mention Frankfurter Purim in KAJ WH?

Best regards

Michael

Yisroel Strauss wrote: 1. We don’t do anything in WH; the last vestige of Purim FFD”M in WH I believe was that Mr. Israel Rothschild used to send Rav Breuer, ZT”L, Mishloach Manos.
2. The kaddish (as sung by Benno Weis) sounds similar to the Purim Half Kaddish sung after Keriath HatTorah and the latter niggun is also used for Adon Olam, and in, Birchas Minim, for Renen ug’ullah and for Yom leyom yabia` omeir. The Purim Keriath HatTorah Kaddish is also sung for Ve’alu Moshi’im.

Yisroel Strauss

My debate as far as the FFAM Purim, is that since this year it falls on Shabbos Poroh, and one is supposed to sing the Musaf Kaddish in Nigun Nivchor anyway, so maybe there is a point to sing the FFAM Purim melody.

Michael

Moreinu HaRav Gans Shlita said it would be a good idea to make a Zikoron Lanes, and if in any case we sing after Musaf Nigun Nivchor, singing this (which is similar to Purim as you pointed out), will be Zecher Lanes.
IMHO the Kaddish goes over itself too much, so I added a Tiskabal according to the Frankfurter Kantor for Adon Olam on Frankfurter Purim (page 103).

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2010 00:45 #1656 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Frankfurter Purim
Can you please explain what Frankfurter Purim is? I saw in the Minhogim of Worms that the Shabbos following Purim was "Youth Shabbos" with its own special Minhagim...

Daniel

More
08 Mar 2010 04:21 #1657 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Frankfurter Purim
About 400 years ago, there was a wicked person called Wincence Fetmilch שר"י, who caused a lot of trouble to the Jews, and eventually caused all of the Jews to leave the city. After the Jews were not allowed to come back for a long time, the king took control over the matters, and Fetmilch and many of his friends were hung, and the Jews were all allowed back, and were given a lot of honor.
The Jews were very much afraid that when they come back the local people will revenge against them, since many of the local people appreciated Fetmilch, therefore they fasted on יט Ador Alef, and when they came back on Chof Ador Alef, and were treated with respect and honor and were not hurt - they made it a Yom Tov. The story is brought in Yosef Ometz (Siman תתשז and תתשט) .

Michael