Shir Hama'alous - Ze hayoum

More
21 Aug 2008 10:21 #537 by meirk
Shir Hama'alous - Ze hayoum was created by meirk
I heard in Beno Weiss's recording, that he sings after "mi yemalel" (at the end of Shir hama'alous) - "Ze hayoum osso Hashem". I never saw this. Is this a minhog to say this verse in Yom Touv?

Thanks

Meir

Meir Koschland

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2008 01:15 #565 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Shir Hama'alous - Ze hayoum
The minhag is to say Shir Hamalous and then two Psukim, Tehilas, Va'anachnu (some finish here), and then Houdu Lashem (and some say Kol Haneshomoh) and Mi Yemalel.

Michael FRBSH

P.S. I believe you mean Benno Weis's recording of the Haggodoh. Although the minhag is to say Shir Hamalous in the Haggodoh (with the beautiful Pesach melody ), there is a question if Shir Hamalous should be said in the Haggodoh. It is not brought in any of the old Haggodous (maybe because in the past it was not said on Shabbos too), and the reason we say Shir Hama'alous is so we'll have Divrei Touroh on the table, so on Pesach since the whole Haggodoh is said - there is no need to add Shir Hamalous.

More
04 Sep 2008 13:30 #576 by meirk
Replied by meirk on topic Shir Hama'alous - Ze hayoum
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why Benno sings "Ze hayoum osso Hashem noguilo venismecho vou" after "mi yemalel"...
Thanks!!

Meir

Meir Koschland

More
04 Sep 2008 13:32 #577 by Michael
That may be his family's minhag. It would be interesting to hear from his family the reason to this.

Michael

More
09 Sep 2008 02:55 #583 by Michael
His daughter told me that she thinks it isn't an old minhag, but he felt it appropriate to add Ze Hayoum since Hallel is said on the seider night.

Michael

More
22 Jun 2009 13:22 - 31 Dec 2012 02:12 #1085 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Shir Hama'alous - Ze hayoum
What is the source for adding Tehillas Hashem? R' Hamburger writes: בשבתות ומועדים לפני ברכת המזון נוהגים לזמר 'שיר המעלות' בניגון. ברגלים וכן בשבתות שאומרים בהם פיוטים נוהגים לזמרו בניגון המיוחד לאותם ימים. השל"ה תיקן את אמירת המזמור הזה, ואילו על פי האריז"ל אומרים פסוקים אחרים, ונהגו באשכנז לאמרם כתוספת לשיר המעלות

Does this mean that the "Psukim acheirim" are Tehillas Hashem and the source is from the Ari"zal? Or does this refer to different Pesukim? Either way, from the Ari or not, where is this brought down?

Thanks,

Daniel

More
26 Jun 2009 16:46 - 31 Dec 2012 02:13 #1090 by Michael
These Psukim (תהלת ה', ואנחנו etc.) are brought in the books of the Mekubolim, according to the Ari Z'l.

Michael FRBSH