Bima vs. Amud Article

More
09 Jan 2014 05:05 - 09 Jan 2014 05:09 #2343 by Daniel
Bima vs. Amud Article was created by Daniel
I recently wrote an article on the differences between the bima and amud. I am pleased to upload it to the forum for feedback and comments. Three authors related to the Machon are quoted: Rav Hamburger, Rav Katanka and Rav Doerfer.

The article can also be found at: www.ou.org/torah/article/should_one_pray...he_amud#.Us29VvRDu8c
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2015 09:21 #2518 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Bima vs. Amud Article
I have received two comments on this article. Thanks to all for reading and commenting to me.

Rabbi Yisroel Strauss has suggested that footnote 38 should read as follows:
38. The rationale is that the verses in Kabbolas Shabbos are recited in an alternating manner, akin to the recitation of Psalms. It is therefore considered more in line with praying than L’cha Dodi since Tehillim are generally said from the Ammud; however the alternating fashion tends to set it off from regular praying and thus nobody would assume that this was instituted miyyamim kadmonim. (Heard from R’ Yisroel Strauss).

I have also been given feedback regarding Teimanim and their use of a bima/amud from Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel. I hope to expand on/post his comments in the future.

More
03 May 2015 21:50 #2569 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Bima vs. Amud Article
Here is an updated version of this article excluding most information pertaining to Teimanim, as explained in footnote #1. Other minor errors were fixed as well. Thanks to all who helped with the article!
Attachments: