Shavuos food minhogim

More
14 May 2008 03:25 #317 by Daniel
Shavuos food minhogim was created by Daniel
What is the Minhag concerning eating Milchiks on Shavuos? I believe the Minhag is to eat on the first night, and we do not break up the meal into two. Rather it is one Milchik meal and the other three (or one in Israel) is Flaishig. Is this correct? Are there any mareh mekomos on this topic?

Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2008 03:05 #319 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Shavuos food minhogim
The Minhag was to eat one milchig meal. Some had it at night, some in the day, and some split their morning meal to two. All options were valid in the different places in Ashkenaz.

Michael FRBSH

More
26 May 2008 00:18 - 07 Oct 2012 20:31 #342 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Shavuos food minhogim
I have been told there is a Minhag from the Yosef Ometz to make some type of seven tiered chalah or cake for Shovuos. The source is תתנד. Is this the Yekkish Minhag?

Daniel

More
28 May 2008 02:50 - 07 Oct 2012 20:31 #350 by Michael
The Yosef Ometz indeed brings so. The idea is to make a challah that looks like a ladder with 7 stages, because in Matan Touroh Hashem opened all 7 heavens to show there is no one besides Hashem (אין עוד מלבדו).
I asked Rav Hamburger and he told me they personally do this minhag, because it's a nice minhag brought in the Yosef Ometz (and there's no reason not to do it), but he didn't see it as a live mesorah anywhere.

Michael

More
14 May 2009 13:47 #1020 by rallisw
Replied by rallisw on topic Shavuos food minhogim
In regard to [Milchding] Dairy on Shavuous, are we particular to eat one or more dairy meals, or as I have been doing, eat a [Fleishding] Meaty meal and then three hours later have Kasekuchen?

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

More
22 May 2009 21:08 #1031 by Michael
The Minhag is to have a Milchig meal, and not just a cake.

Michael FRBSH

More
07 Oct 2012 19:13 - 07 Oct 2012 20:32 #2191 by aumann
Replied by aumann on topic Shavuos food minhogim

Michael wrote: The Yosef Ometz indeed brings so. The idea is to make a challah that looks like a ladder with 7 stages, because in Matan Touroh Hashem opened all 7 heavens to show there is no one besides Hashem (אין עוד מלבדו).
I asked Rav Hamburger and he told me they personally do this minhag, because it's a nice minhag brought in the Yosef Ometz (and there's no reason not to do it), but he didn't see it as a live mesorah anywhere.

I remember that I heard this minhag somewhere by the Sepharadim.